The hidden gem of the Wyanokie Highlands, this Olympic-sized, stream-fed freshwater pool is located adjacent to Norvin Green State Forest. The grounds include a picnic and barbecue area. There is direct access to a recreation field (including a softball backstop), volleyball court, ping-pong tables, and over 21 miles of hiking trails.
In 1935, the swimming pool was carved out of the hillside. Today the Highlands Natural Pool is a 501(c)3 non-profit community-owned and operated facility. No chemicals are used in the Pool.
Visitors are welcome! For a modest day-fee, you can become a Provisional Member and try us out! See our visitor information page for hours of operation, ground rules for the picnic grove, frequently asked questions, etc.
Important Note: if you are planning to visit as a group of 20 or more people, you need to read this first before coming!
The Pool in the News and Online Reviews
- May 2014 article: Highlands Natural Pool draws new and old fans to Ringwood.
- July 2013 trip report in the I Blog 4 Boys blog.
- August 2011 review in the A Child Grows in Brooklyn blog.
- August 2010 TV report: Pool Celebrates 75th Anniversary.
- June 2010 review in the FuhgedouttaBrooklyn blog.
- June 2007 article: Picture This: The Highlands Pool.
- July 2005 article: Walden in Ringwood.
- August 2005 article: Highlands Mountain Haven Marks 70th Anniversary.
Six Ways to Support the Highlands Natural Pool
The Highlands Natural Pool is sustained by its paid memberships as well as by generous donations from people like you. There are 6 ways you can help sustain the pool:
- Order an engraved
for the Pool entrance walkway, for yourself or in memory
of a loved one, to become part of our 77-year history!
- Buy "The Legacy Continues" Pool T-shirts (order yours at the pool snack stand).
- Search the web using GoodSearch to generate income for the Pool - at no cost to you!
- Do your online shopping through GoodShop
and small percentage of each transaction
will be donated to the pool - at no cost to you!.
- Provide for a planned gift to the Pool, creating a lasting legacy for the next generation.
- Now you can donate to the pool online. Simply click on the button in the left column.