Highlights of the 2020 Season
The number of daily visitors admitted to the pool will be limited. When Pool staff determine that we have reached capacity, non-member admission to the pool area will be closed. If admission to the pool is closed when you arrive, you may choose to wait in the Weis field. As people leave the Pool for the day, folks who are waiting may then be able to enter the Pool area.
Our Trustees and staff have followed the recommended practices and guidelines to allow the Pool to open safely in 2020. It is essential that all members and visitors continue to follow social distancing and other precautions during this ongoing pandemic. Everyone’s cooperation is needed.
• The Pool will be open daily from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm through Labor Day. Parking is limited.
• Daily visitors will pay their admission fees at the Pool entrance.
• COVID-19 Safety protocols will be in place. Learn More.
• Members will be able to bring up to 5 Guests at a flat, per-visit/per-person rate of $10.
• We encourage everyone to become an annual member. Join here.
• For more information, go to our Visit page.
About the Pool
Named the best swimming hole in New Jersey, recommended as one of "8 Places To Visit In New Jersey This Summer," and "The Incredible Swimming Pool In New Jersey You Absolutely Need To Visit," this Olympic-sized, stream-fed freshwater swimming pool is located in a wooded setting adjacent to the 5,400 acre Norvin Green State Forest in Ringwood, NJ. No chemicals are used in the pool.
In 1935, the pool was carved out of a hillside by the New York chapter of The Nature Friends who owned what was then called Camp Midvale and is now a 501(c)3 non-profit community-owned and operated facility.
The pool is open to the public, annual memberships are available to all. Day passes can be purchased at the entrance. We accept cash and credit cards for both entry fees and refreshments ($5.00 minimum to charge).